Part-time Parent Aide I: Transport children to visit sites with their biological families, monitor those parent-child visit sessions and write reports for the court. Must have excellent childcare skills, computer with internet access, cell phone, and reliable personal vehicle (with appropriate levels of insurance) that can seat at least 3 passengers. Previous experience and/or education in social services and/or with children is preferred but not required. A high school diploma or GED is required.
This is a part-time position with varying hours, but you MUST be available to work a minimum of three days per week (Monday-Friday) from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. and one Saturday a month. Mileage reimbursement is paid in addition to an hourly wage.
Skills / Requirements
- Age 21 or older, in good physical health, able to lift children up to 35-40lbs, run short distances to retrieve small children, walk distances with children, climb stairs (on occasion while carrying a small child), and install and de-install in your auto various child safety seats.
- No drug use or alcohol dependency. Must have smoke free clothing and automobile. You cannot smoke in your car at any time.
- Ability to pass a background check and a drug screen.
- Child development knowledge/good parenting skills; ability to perceptively observe parent-child interaction; ability to exercise authority and be assertive when needed.
- Good writing skills (documentation) and good oral communication skills.
- Dependable, punctual, flexible, strong work ethic and service oriented; exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to read and follow a map.
- Safe, reliable vehicle with 2+ seats not affected by airbags and adequate heating and cooling; valid driver's license and a good driving record is a must.
- If hired, auto liability insurance at 100/300/50 level is required.
To apply for a Parent Aide Position complete this application.
To apply for any other position complete this application.