Social Service Internships
- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: Monday, 29 September 2014 21:32
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 5244
Aviva Social Services Intern and Mentor Program
Interning with the Department of Child Safety
Social Service Interns are student volunteers who make a huge difference in the busy work schedules of DCS workers. Under the supervision of a case worker, interns will take part in home visits, assessing client needs, writing reports, attending team meetings and participating in other activities as needed. This is a unique and excellent way to test your affinity for social work, and is a great resume enhancer!
- Interns will need to be able to commit to minimum 130 hours a semester
- Interns will be drug tested
- Interns need to be 20 years of age, or older, at time of application
Mentor Program with Casey Family Programs
In partnership with the Casey Family Programs, Aviva is offering a dynamic and rewarding mentorship program for children who are in the care of DCS. As a mentor, you will be a direct source of encouragement and support for your mentee.
- Mentors will need to commit to one year with their youth, with a minimum engagement of once a month of for three hours.
- Mentors will be drug tested
- Mentors will need to have reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Mentors must be 21 years of age, or older, at time of application
Spring 2017 dates: January-May
Deadline for application: October 7
Summer 2017 dates: May-August (only available for intern program)
Deadline for application: March 3, 2017
Fall 2017 dates: August-December
Deadline for application: May 19, 2017
For questions please contact Nina Halvax, Community Resources Coordinator at (520) 327-6779 Ex 11